Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

When reading is an escape....

I'm not going to lie. January hasn't been the best month in the world. In fact, it's sucked epically!!! I've had a really, really bad flare up with my depression. It has rained almost constantly this month in GA, which has seriously gotten to me. Lots of stuff going on in my personal life has made things tough.

Like last May, I retreated to reading. I devoured the Stephanie Plum novels along with the Sookie Stackhouse books. Both of those series really helped get me through the hard times, and I've had the same thing happen this month.

I've read 17 books this month! Crazy huh? I'm naturally a fast reader, but I'll openly acknowledge that I've let housework go in favor of slipping away to other realms and worlds. I haven't just restricted myself to YA. I've been reading Adult, non-fiction, you name it! I'll be posting a view reviews soon.

Some great YA that I read were the boarding school mystery novels, The Liar Society and The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks. I really enjoyed both of them!

I read two great self-pubbed books, The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines and The Book of Lost Souls by Michelle Muto.I would highly recommend them both too.

I'll probably be posting a few reviews as I continue reading.

2 comments:

Annie McElfresh said...

Book of Lost Souls was great!

I bow down to the queen of speed reading!

**HUGS** Sorry about the depression.

Ruth Schiffmann said...

I'll admit to letting the housework go in favor of reading or writing. I don't even feel guilty about it anymore ;)

I find that when I'm down, I need to get lost in the right kind of books. A lot of books that I like could really fuel depression. Then I have to consciously pick out things that are lighter and will lift my spirits.